The following document will walk you through how to ensure that the headings on your site will display as expected following the update of the UW Theme to remove all CAPS headings.
The UW Theme has historically shown headings and titles in all CAPS. Following January and March 2021 updates, most headings will be now be displayed exactly as they are typed into the editing view of the page:
- If typed in lowercase letters, they will appear in lowercase letters.
- If typed in all CAPS, they will appear in all CAPS.
- If typed in sentence case, they will appear in sentence case.
- (and so on)
- Page titles
- Headings in Text Blocks (H2s, H3s, etc) **Updated 3/4/21
- Row headlines
- H2 and H3 headings for page elements (like Post Lists and Featured Content Blocks)
- Group of Links menus
Unaffected elements (elements that will remain in CAPS currently):
- Utility Menu links
- Breadcrumb links
- Button text
- "More" links for post lists
- Author names for quotes
- Footer menu list headings
Examples of this change can be previewed on the UW Theme test site.
(Please note that content on this site is used for testing purposes only)
- Visit the editing view of the page
- Double check your page title
- Open the Row settings (gear icon in top right) for each row of your page and check your Headline fields
- Look in each Text Block and ensure that any text typed using a heading (h2, h3, etc) is written as you wish it to display
- Check each page element on the page for a title, heading, headline, or header text as these will likely be styled as H2 or H3 headings in the UW Theme (examples: Post Lists, Featured Content Blocks, Fac/Staff Listings, etc.)
- Remember to publish often to save your new changes