This form contains the link and instructions for the 2021-22 AOF nomination form.
Timeline of AOF Nomination Process
- By March 5th:
- By March 12
- L&S will review and approve the department's nominee list on a rolling basis.
- After L&S approval, the department is authorized to make an offer for one student at a time.
- Departments must send an offer letter to the student, using the template here. The template includes Terms and Conditions of Fellowship, which must be completed by the department.
- The Council of Graduate School (CGS) states that we do not require students to accept their fellowship/assistantships prior to April 15, 2020.
- If the offer is not accepted, the department may make an offer to the next nominee on their approved list. If you exhaust the approved list and none of the offers were accepted, please let us know right away.
- Ensure the student accepting the fellowship has been admitted to the program according to the Graduate School Protocols.
- If the offer is not accepted, the department may make an offer to the next nominee on their approved list.
- If you exhaust the approved list and none of the offers were accepted, please let us know right away. We may be able to allocate the unused funds to another department.
- By April 19th
- Submit final AOF acceptances/declines to Nova Tebbe (email@example.com).
- L&S will send confirmation letters to AOF fellows.
- L&S will send you updated information about the incoming and continuing AOF students for 2021-2022.
- By May 8th:
- Respond and confirm the list of incoming and continuing AOF students.
- Welcome payments will be made by the Graduate School at the beginning of the Fall semester
Instructions for AOF Nomination Form
Please submit your nominations via our Qualtrics Survey by March 5, 2021: https://go.wisc.edu/05td68
The information needed for the nomination form is below; an exact preview of the survey is available here: 2021-22LSAOFNominationSurvey.pdf
- Page 1
- Department/Program name
- Submitter name & email
- Anticipated number of nominations from your department
- Page 2
- AOF Ranking
- Campus ID. If campus ID is not known, please provide their date of birth
- Nominee’s email, phone & address
- Page 3
- Degree sought
- First semester of graduate enrollment
- Tuition residency
- Undergraduate GPA & Institution
- GRE Scores (if known)
- Student’s advisor name & email
- Statement attesting to the nominee's qualifications as a student and researcher, and the potential for their success at UW-Madison.
- Page 4
- Nominee’s planned funding source by year (e.g., TA, RA, AOF)
You will be asked to confirm that the student meets that Graduate Research Scholar eligibility criteria as described by the Graduate School: https://kb.wisc.edu/grad/page.php?id=33338
Important: At the end of the survey, the form will ask if your department is done submitting nominations. L&S Admin will wait to review your nominations until you have indicated that you are finished making nominations.
L&S Administration Contact
Administrative questions to Nova Tebbe (firstname.lastname@example.org)