WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Adding a Facebook Pixel to a Website Using Google Tag Manager
This document will provide step-by-step instructions for adding a Facebook pixel to a website using Google Tag Manager.
Google Tag Manager is used to track events that users trigger when visiting your website. Be sure to use an Office 365 Service Account to create your Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager accounts.
Note: Before you get started, you will need a Facebook Pixel. To get the pixel, you can follow Facebook's step-by-step guide. During the Install Pixel step, choose manually install pixel code yourself.
- In Google Tag Manager, navigate to your Workspace Tab.
- From your Workspace Tab, navigate to Tags and click the button labeled New.
- Name your new tag Facebook Pixel and set the Tag Type to Custom HTML.
- In the HTML field, paste the Facebook Pixel code.
- In the Triggering section, select All Pages to add the tag to every page within your website.
- Click Save in the upper-right hand corner of the window.
- Next, publish your changes by clicking the Submit button in the upper-right section of the page.
- Lastly, test the pixel using the Facebook Pixel Helper to ensure that it is working as expected.