Emergency Ride Home Program / Transportation Services
(608) 263-2076 -- UW Commuter Solutions Contact (Darwin Ward)
(608) 263-6666 -- Transportation Services
(608) 242-2000 -- Union Cab
(608) 256-5566 -- Badger Cab
Fax (608) 265-3424
Transportation Services Office Hours
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 7:15 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Wednesday 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Room 124 WARF Office Building
610 Walnut St
Madison, WI 53726
Emergency Ride Home (ERH) is a supporting service designed for UW employees who choose an alternative to driving alone to campus. In an emergency, employees may use a pre-printed voucher to cover the cost of the cab ride home. The intention of ERH is to serve as a safety net so that those who choose to carpool, vanpool, bus, bike or walk to campus need not fear being stranded in an emergency.
ERH is available between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Due to the fact that you must present a voucher to the cab driver in order to use the ERH service, we highly recommend printing out a voucher now and keeping it at your desk or other easily accessible location. This way you will not need to go online and print the voucher when you’re in a hurry due to the emergency situation. UW Transportation Services cannot refund cab fare paid by an employee directly.
ERH can be used up to three times every six months.
Appropriate requests for ERH:
- Employee gets sick while at work
- Employee's family member becomes sick or injured while employee is at work
- A personal crisis occurs (e.g. death in the family, extensive property damage or loss, etc.
Inappropriate requests for ERH:
- Employee needs to run personal errands
- Employee needs transportation from events which are planned in advance such as after-hours meetings
- A school cancellation/closing occurs (in most cases)
- Employee's vehicle breaks down
- Employee has to work overtime
- In general, any situation for which there was prior knowledge
Transportation Services reserves the right to review a request to determine emergency status. We have no control over the response time of a cab or fleet vehicle. Customers should confirm these details when they request the service.
Please see the website for complete details.