Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
(608) 263-0367 -- Center for the First-Year Experience
155 William S Middleton Building
1305 Linden Drive
Madison, WI 53706
Center for the First-Year Experience is a unit reporting to the Dean of Students within the Division of Student Affairs. The Center for First Year Experience (CFYE) helps incoming students adjust to life at UW-Madison, while educating faculty and staff on ways to connect with first-year students.
CFYE offers a variety of programs designed to help new freshman and transfer students make the transition to UW-Madison. Major components include Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration (SOAR), Wisconsin Welcome, and Counseling Psychology (CP) 125 – A Wisconsin Experience Seminar, Transfer Engagement Center (TEC), and Our Wisconsin. You can find about more about programs below.
- Our Wisconsin / Center For The First-Year Experience
- SOAR / Student Orientation Advising and Registration / Center for the First-Year Experience
- Transfer Transition Program / Center For The First-Year Experience
- Wisconsin Welcome / Center for the First-Year Experience