How to Check Your Undergraduate Application Status
Phone (608) 262-3961 -- Office of Admissions and Recruitment
Hours Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Walk-ins and phone
702 West Johnson Street, Suite 1101
Madison, WI 53715–1007
Once Admissions receive your application for admission, they will send you an application acknowledgment. If you provide them with an e-mail address, the acknowledgment will be sent via e-mail. If you do not supply an e-mail address, you will receive the acknowledgment letter in the mail.
The acknowledgment will include your campus ID number, which can then be used to activate your UW NetID and ultimately check your application status.This online system enables you to:
- Check to make sure we've received all of your application materials, and if we haven't, see a list of exactly what we do not have (e.g., application fee, test scores, etc.)
- View your admission decision
- Check the details we have on file about you, including residency status and term of entry
- Update your mailing address, phone number and e-mail address
- Monitor the status of your financial aid application and accept your award
- Visit the My UW Web site and log in
- Click on the Student Services tab
- Click the Student Center link within the Student Center module on the right side of the screen
Before you can access the Application Status Web site, you must activate your UW NetID. To do so, you'll need your 10-digit campus ID number (found in your application acknowledgment letter or e-mail) and birth date. Once you activate your NetID, you will assign yourself a password and then be authorized to access the My UW Web portal and your application status information.
Lost NetID, campus ID number, password:
Your campus ID number was sent with your application acknowledgement email. If you cannot find your ID number, send admissions an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call admissions at (608) 262-3691.
Your NetID is generated the first time you log in to the application status website. For difficulties with your NetID or your password contact DoIT at (608) 264-HELP and they will help you reset it.