my.wisc.edu - Log in and go to Student Center to check status
(608)262-3961 -- Office of Admissions and Recruitment
Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Walk-ins and phone
702 West Johnson Street, Suite 1101
Madison, WI 53715–1007
Once Admissions receive your application for admission, they will send you an application acknowledgment. If you provide them with an e-mail address, the acknowledgment will be sent via e-mail. If you do not supply an e-mail address, you will receive the acknowledgment letter in the mail.
The acknowledgment will include your campus ID number, which can then be used to activate your UW NetID and ultimately check your application status.This online system enables you to:
- Check to make sure we've received all of your application materials, and if we haven't, see a list of exactly what we do not have (e.g., application fee, test scores, etc.)
- View your admission decision
- Check the details we have on file about you, including residency status and term of entry
- Update your mailing address, phone number and e-mail address
- Monitor the status of your financial aid application and accept your award
- Visit the My UW Web site and log in
- Click on the Student Center tile
- If you can not find the Student Center tile, use the search bar at the top of the page to access it & add it to your homepage
- Any outstanding materials will be noted under “Tasks” on the “To Do List” in your MyUW Student Center
- If an item is added to your To Do List, you will receive an email notifying you to check your Student Center.
- We encourage you to check your Student Center regularly
Before you can access the Application Status Web site, you must activate your UW NetID. To do so, you'll need your 10-digit campus ID number (found in your application acknowledgment letter or e-mail) and birth date. Once you activate your NetID, you will assign yourself a password and then be authorized to access the My UW Web portal and your application status information.
Lost NetID, campus ID number, password:
Your campus ID number was sent with your application acknowledgement email. If you cannot find your ID number, send admissions an email to email@example.com or call admissions at (608) 262-3691. Please note that they will not be able to provide your ID number over the phone but they can resend the acknowledgement email to you.
If you’ve activated your NetID but have forgotten your NetID password, you can reset it online with the NetID Password Reset Tool. If you have forgotten your NetID, you can recover it using the self-service NetID Recovery Tool.