The following document will walk you through the process of setting a featured image on a page and then sharing that page to social networking sites like Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
If you would like a specific image to show up in your post on social media, you will need to set it as the Featured Image for the page:
- Navigate to WiscWeb
- Navigate to the page that you would like to share
- Scroll down on the page until you see a box on the right side that says Featured Image
- Select the link that says Set Featured Image
- Either upload a new image or choose an image from your media files to set as your featured image
- Publish or save your page
After you've set your featured image, you can share your page or post to social media sites like LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook:
- Copy the URL link for the page you'd like to share
- Navigate to the social media site you'd like to share to
- In a new post on the social media site, paste in the URL of the WiscWeb page you'd like to share. You should automatically see the image and link appear in your post (even before you publish).
- Publish the social media post