Scholarship Office / Student Financial Aid
http://www.financialaid.wisc.edu/ -- Main page
http://scholarships.wisc.edu/Scholarships/ -- Find Scholarships
http://www.finaid.wisc.edu/award-estimator.php -- Financial aid net price/award calculator (Parent Resource)
http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/ -- FAFSA
(608) 262-3060 -- Student Financial Aid
(608) 262-3801 -- Work-Study Office
(608) 608-263-7100 -- Student Loan Servicing (Loan Repayment)
Fax (608) 262-9068
Hours Monday-Friday 7:45 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (Please call ahead)
333 East Campus Mall #9701
Madison, WI 53715-1382
The Office of Student Financial Aid assists students whose personal and family resources are not adequate to cover the costs involved in attending UW-Madison by:
- Processing financial aid forms to determine eligibility for grants, loans, and work-study employment
- Advising students regarding financial aid and money management
- Providing information on part-time employment, both on- and off-campus
- Offering assistance in obtaining information about scholarships
Checks for scholarships that students receive from outside the University should be sent to the Bursar's office.
Part of Student Financial Aid, the Scholarships Office will provide general information on scholarships for undergrads and referral to other info sources.
FAFSA school code: 003895
Additional Information Regarding Scholarships:
Scholarships at UW-Madison are handled very differently than on most other campuses. Many schools will offer significant scholarships at the time a student applies for admissions as a recruitment tool. UW's scholarships, on the other hand, are administered separately. This is because each school/college and department manage their own scholarship funds and the UW doesn't typically use scholarships as a recruitment tool. Multiple scholarships can be applied for with one application form, however (see: https://scholarships.wisc.edu/Scholarships/FAQ).