Twitter is listed as an accepted embed function within WordPress, and you can easily display messages from a particular Twitter feed within a text area in your WiscWeb site.
Embedding the Feed
- Copy the URL of the Twitter feed.
- In the text area that you want the feed to display, Paste the feed URL
- The link will automatically update to say "Tweets by feed name" and the feed should be present.
- Update the page.
Once you have updated your page, check to see if the feed is working correctly.
Using the Twitter Publish option
You can also use Twitter's Publish option to customize the feed more by visiting https://publish.twitter.com/.
- Enter the URL that you would like to embed, for example https://twitter.com/uwmadison, and hit Enter.
- Choose the display options below - Embedded Timeline or Twitter Buttons.
- You can now click the Copy Code button to copy the necessary code, and paste it into the Text tab of your text editor.
- Please be aware that the default number of displayed messages is 20.