Stafford Loans / Student Financial Aid
(608) 262-3060 -- Students Financial Aid
(608) 262-4987 -- Federal Direct and Private Loan Office
(608) 262-5627 -- UW Student Job Center
(608) 262-3801 -- UW Work-Study Office
(608) 263-7100 -- Student Loan Servicing (Loan Repayment)
Hours Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
333 East Campus Mall #9701
Madison, WI 53715-1382
This is the section of the Office of Student Financial Aid which administers Stafford Loans, PLUS loans and alternative loans on this campus. They will answer questions about these loans.
The Federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans are a low-interest loan available to undergraduate, graduates and professional students. To be eligible for a loan, you must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, not be in default on a federal loan, enroll at least half-time, and maintain satisfactory academic progress. Males 18-25 years of age must register with Selective Service.