This document will show KB Admins how to search for multiple documents in support of making batch changes.
Select the Exact Documents To Update
- To navigate to a Batch Update tool in the KB Admin Tools, click on the Documents Tab and click the link in the left navigation bar.
- When you have a batch update tool open, the following search screen and the filters are available. This will help you refine your document search so that you can select multiple documents and make changes to multiple documents at one time.
- If you already know the document ID number(s) you would like to update, enter them in the Comma delimited doc ids field. In the image above, the red circle brings attention to three docIDs from the KB User's Guide KB.
Note: You may refine your search to obtain a specific set of documents and their comma delimited Document IDs.
- Click on the Go button.
- After clicking on the Go button, the documents to which you have access will appear with check boxes next to them in the Select column in the far right (as referenced by red circle in the image below). You may select them individually or select them all at once by clicking on the Select All button.
At any time, you may click on the triangle on the left of the Document Title to see the Document Quickview (e.g. the entire content of the document) without leaving the screen.
- Under that table of documents, the batch change options will appear. Select the appropriate selections from the dropdown menus in this table.