Community Shares of Wisconsin (CSW)
(608) 256-1066 -- General Info
Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
612 W Main St
Community Shares of Wisconsin (CSW) -- together with its donors and its over 60 member nonprofits -- addresses social, economic, and environmental problems through grassroots action, advocacy, research, and public education.
Community Shares of Wisconsin:
- Is a member-directed federation. (This means that each of our member groups holds a seat on the board, and together our members decide on our priorities, spending, etc.)
- Supports new, innovative groups in our community through our open membership application process.
- Actively works to expand capacity for its member nonprofits through training, 1:1 support from experts, networking, and technical assistance.
- Networks with local, state, and global organizations with similar goals.
- Builds relationships, community involvement, and citizen activism by connecting member groups, donors, and employers.
- Supports innovative solutions and ideas through pooled resources and the use of technology.
A non-profit organization that provides financial support to organizations involved in charitable, educational, and advocacy activities in Madison and south central Wisconsin. There are 65 social change groups currently receiving funds. Policy guidelines are set by a board of directors representing member organizations and the community.