Center for Limnology
(608) 262-3014 -- Center for Limnology (Hasler Laboratory, Madison, WI)
(608) 262-4439 -- Limnology Library (Madison, WI)
(715) 356-9494 -- Trout Lake Station (Boulder Junction, WI)
(608) 265-2340 -- Hasler Laboratory (Madison, WI)
(608) 265-2340 -- Trout Lake Station (Boulder Junction, WI)
Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. (Building/Library)
University of Wisconsin Center for Limnology
680 N. Park Street
Madison, WI 53706
UW Trout Lake Station
3110 Trout Lake Station Dr.
Boulder Junction, WI 54512
The Center for Limnology was established in July 1982 to plan, conduct, and facilitate inland freshwater research. The Center grew out of almost one hundred years of limnology at the UW-Madison. The present program builds on these approaches and has expanded to include long-term studies, synthesis, modeling, Great Lakes research, and application to resource management and environmental issues.
It is a multi-disciplinary center within the College of Letters and Science at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The CFL facilities are comprised of two research stations: the Hasler Laboratory of Limnology on the UW-Madison campus, and the Trout Lake Research Station in Boulder Junction, Wisconsin.