You can add a learning analytics widget to your MyWisc page, if you’re an instructor in Canvas. This widget brings together links to learning analytics tools and numerous resources, in one convenient location. The widget will also provide you with easy access to each semester of the Learner Engagement Analytics Dashboard (LEAD), since each semester has a unique link.
How to add this widget to your MyUW page
- Go to MyWisc.edu
- Search for learning analytics in the search box at the top of the page.
- Note - you will not be able to access this widget if you do not have an instructor role in Canvas.
- On the Search Results page, click the +Add to home button to add the widget.
- Drag and drop it into a convenient location (optional).
- Launch the app by clicking on the widget.
Here's the process with a few screenshots:
- Go to the MyWisc.edu page and search for learning analytics in the search box.
- Click the button on the Search results page to Add to home.
(Alternatively, you can click on the Details link for information about this widget; or click on the blue Learning Analytics link to preview the content, if you’d like to view before adding it.)
- The Learning Analytics widget now appears on your MyUW page, and you can drag and drop it to a convenient location.
- Launch full app by clicking on the widget/tile to see the list of tools, resources, KB docs, and events. The links will be updated each semester. (Screenshot appears below.)
NOTE: the Learner Engagement Analytics Dashboard (LEAD) has a separate link for each semester due to the huge amount of data in each semester's workbook. Each semester the links will be updated in the widget; the current semester can always be found at https://go.wisc.edu/lead.
For more information about the MyUW page and managing widgets, please review the MyUW System Portal - Navigating and Searching in MyUW KB doc.