Use of the Pre-Posting Allocation Tool (PAT) is supported by the DoIT Help Desk. However, some questions relating to funding strings are better answered by other groups on campus. This document explains whom you should contact for help.
I need information about getting started with the Pre-Posting Allocation Tool
For new users, there is considerable information about the Pre-Posting Allocation Tool available at https://shopuw.wisc.edu/pre-posting-allocation-tool-pat/. This information includes a quick start guide for using PAT, detailed directions for using the system, and a list of frequently asked questions.
I am receiving an error message while using the Pre-Posting Allocation Tool
Many of the more common error messages encountered in the Pre-Posting Allocation Tool are documented. Please see:
General Error Messages
- Pre-Posting Allocation Tool (PAT) - Zero invoices updated successfully
- Pre-Posting Allocation Tool (PAT) - Redirected to Wisconsin Federation login page again after logging in
- Pre-Posting Allocation Tool (PAT) - Trouble tabbing between fields in Firefox
- Pre-Posting Allocation Tool (PAT) - Accidentally overwriting changes to an individually split invoice
- Pre-Posting Allocation Tool (PAT) - Percent Field Errors when reallocating funding
- Pre-Posting Allocation Tool (PAT) - No MDS invoices returned
- Pre-Posting Allocation Tool (PAT) - Customer number appears italicized and highlighted
Funding and edit check error messages
If you continue to have issues, please contact the DoIT Help Desk.
Questions about project or grant funding/accounting
- "I know this project is valid, why won't PAT accept it?"
- I've used this grant funding in PAT before. Why won't PAT let me enter it now?
For these issues, on the UW-Madison campus, please contact your Dean or Director's Office or the Research and Sponsored Programs (RSP) main desk at 608-262-3822. For other UW-System institutions, contact your Dean or Director's Office.
Questions about non-project or non-grant funding/accounting
- I know this funding string is valid, why won't PAT accept it?
- I've used this funding string in PAT before. Why won't PAT let me enter it now?
Please contact your Dean's Office or Division Office for information about the correct funding. For UW-Madison campus users only, you may also contact Accounting Services - Veronica Olson at 262-9460 or email@example.com or Al Wang at 262-8729 or firstname.lastname@example.org for general issues with non-grant and non-project funding including funding coding, funding strings, funding distribution, coding, distribution, budget strings, budget coding, budget distribution, account codes, account coding, class codes, fund, program, activity, Department ID, UDDS, Program, Activity.
Other issues not addressed above
Review all of the Pre-Posting Allocation Tool documents in the Knowledge Base.
If your question is not answered above or if you are uncertain whom you should contact, please contact the DoIT Help Desk.