Phone (608) 262-1304 -- Office of the Provost
Hours Monday-Friday 7:45 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
Office of the Provost
150 Bascom Hall
500 Lincoln Drive
Madison, WI 53706
This plan is no longer current, but the website offers a historical context of Plan 2008. Officially adopted by the UW System Board of Regents in May 1998, Plan 2008 had seven goals:
- Increase the number of Wisconsin high school graduates of color who apply, are accepted and enroll at UW System institutions.
- Encourage partnerships that build the educational pipeline by reaching children and their parents at an earlier age.
- Close the gap in educational achievement, by bringing retention and graduation rates for students of color in line with those of the student body as a whole.
- Increase the amount of financial aid available to needy students and reduce their reliance on loans.
- Increase the number of faculty, academic staff, classified staff and administrators of color, so that they are represented in the UW System workforce in proportion to their current availability in relevant job pools.
- Foster institutional environments and course development that enhance learning and a respect for racial and ethnic inclusion diversity .
- Improve accountability of the UW System and its institutions.