Withdrawing from UW

Web http://registrar.wisc.edu/canceling_your_enrollment_withdrawal_info.htm 

Phone (608) 262-3811 -- Office of the Registrar

E-mail registrar@em.wisc.edu

Office of the Registrar
333 East Campus Mall #10101
Madison, WI 54715

Office of the Registrar website provides specific details for withdrawing by semester and canceling enrollment.

See Deadlines at a Glance- http://registrar.wisc.edu/dates_deadlines.htm for the last date to withdraw without the notation appearing on your transcript

Steps for withdrawing from UW (between semesters)

1. Do not enroll in any courses for the coming term (or carry any credits)
2. Contact Student Financial Services if you have any financial aid commitments.
3. Contact University Housing Office to terminate your Housing contract (if in UW housing) or contact your landlord to discuss terminating your lease.
4. Contact your academic dean to ensure that you have properly completed withdrawal procedures.

If you need to withdraw from UW during an academic semester, you should contact your academic dean and meet with them to make sure you have completed all appropriate steps.

Go to website and open Term and Related Enrollment Information for given semester for details.

Keywords:withdraw withdrawal transfer drop cancel cancellation enrollment enroll classes class semester   Doc ID:11606
Owner:Information Services Specialist .Group:Campus and Visitor Relations
Created:2009-06-30 19:00 CDTUpdated:2019-02-04 11:10 CDT
Sites:Campus and Visitor Relations
Feedback:  0   2