This document includes information about renewing InfoLabs equipment through the WebCheckout system, including links and screenshots using College Library as an example location. The information is reviewed and only updated as needed.
- Reserve items cannot be renewed; you will receive an error when trying to follow the below steps.
- Errors about building hours are possible and you will need to choose a return time when a Checkout Center is open; please check the hours of the Checkout Center here if you encounter an error when attempting to renew a checkout.
- The default renewal end date is seven days from your previous due date. The self-service renewal duration cannot be greater than seven days, but can be less.
- If a renewal is not initiated before an item is seven days overdue, renewal can only be completed with staff intervention (see next note).
- For any and all questions or problems with this process, please email email@example.com.
- Go to the UW-Madison InfoLabs Technology Circulation Patron Portal.
- Choose your Checkout Center location, referenced in your notification emails.
- From the main page, click the menu button.
- Click My Account.
- Find your Current Checkout by CK-ID and select it from the list.
- Click Renew this Checkout.
- Choose your new end date.
- If there are no errors noted, click Renew.