This KB outlines some basic guidelines for Problem Management best practices.
- Situation Manager, technologist, and other roles and responsibilities are clearly understood and delegated for each service.
- Problem Response plan is documented and reviewed at regular intervals.
- Responds to first report of Problem/Outage quickly
- Provides updates at regular intervals (2 hours recommended interval)
- Initiates Problem Response procedure quickly
- Provides all relevant information to SNCC, stakeholders, and management
- Outage details
- User impact
- Workarounds (if they exist)
- Expected update interval and/or time to resolution
- Problem record is completed and updated upon resolution
- Understands stakeholders and how to communicate to end users and customers
- Provides complete information in a timely manner for Outage posting/updates
- Communicates to management efficiently and effectively
[Link for document 70621 is unavailable at this time.]
Other references:DoIT Operational Framework - Section 7.0 - Problem Management
Problem Management Diagram- OF Section 7