Voting -- Registering at the Poll Election Day / City Clerks Office
Phone (608) 266-4601 -- City Clerk's Office
Hours Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Room 103, City-County Building
210 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Persons who register or change their address at the polls on election day must present acceptable proof of residence.Any of the following may be used as proof if it contains the address of residence
- A current and valid Wisconsin driver’s license or Wisconsin identification card.
- Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit
- An identification card issued by an employer in the normal course of business, which has a photograph of the cardholder, but not a business card.
- A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election.
- A residential lease.
- A UW-Madison or Edgewood College ID card with a photograph of the cardholder, if student is listed on certified housing list.
- A utility bill for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before the election.
- A bank statement.
- A paycheck.
- A check or other document issued by a unit of government.