The Events Calendar plugin that the WiscWeb service uses has been updated to provide new styles to display events on your sites. You can update your site's display setting to make use of these new styles.
In this document:
- Important information regarding Events Calendar version 6.0
- How to activate the Events Calendar plugin
- How to update your display settings to new styles
Upcoming changes to Events Calendar
While there is not a definitive date for its release, The Events Calendar version 6.0 will remove the legacy styles from the plugin entirely, and all users will be forced to use the updated styles. To be better prepared for this coming update, we encourage all WiscWeb sites to change their display setting to use the new styles.
Activate The Events Calendar plugin
The Events Calendar plugin can be activated by site administrators by following the instructions located at WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Self Service Plugin Activation / Deactivation. Once this is activated, you will see an Events option in your left menu. Please remember that the use of plugins is only available to site administrators. Site editors will not be able to create or edit any events.
For more information on how to use The Events Calendar, please refer to the vendor's help documentation.
Update your display settings to use the new styles
To access and update the settings for your Events Calendar styles, follow these steps.
- Hover your mouse over the Events menu option on the left and click Settings.
- At the top of the Settings section, click on Display.
- Scroll down and be sure to put a check in the field for Use updated calendar designs.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Changes.