Process to setup a survey for anonymous student feedback in Canvas
How to Create the Anonymous Survey in Canvas
- Go to the Canvas course for the class you want anonymous student feedback.
- Click on the Quizzes navigation on the left side of the Canvas page.
- Click on the + Quiz button in the top right corner to create a new quiz/survey.
- Fill out the name of the survey and a brief description. For Quiz Type select Ungraded Survey.
- Check the checkmark for Keep Submissions Anonymous and allow multiple attempts.
- Scroll back to the top and click on Questions.
- Create your question(s). We recommend using an essay question.
- Click Update Question and then Save and Publish.
- Make sure your survey is accessible to students. You can add it to a Module on your homepage or if you use Pages link to it from your home page. Use Student View to test that you are able to get to the Quiz.
How to check the feedback from your students
- In your Canvas course go to Quizzes and click on the feedback survey you created.
- On the right click on Survey Statistics. This button will only appear if a student has done the survey.
- Click on Student Analysis. This will create and download a csv file that you can open in Excel. The spreadsheet will have a column with each anonymous feedback.