Learn@UW - Change File Dialog on Edit Artifact Page Requires First Pressing Remove Icon
On the "Edit Artifact" page of an ePortfolio there is a Change File button to allow replacing the existing file with a new uploaded file. The dialog brought up has just a 'remove' ( ) icon to delete the existing file that has to be pressed before proceeding to upload the replacement file.
Without on-line instructions, this can be misleading.
The complete procedure to change the file used as an artifact is as follows:
- Go to the ePortfolio tool.
- Select "My Items" from near the top.
- Locate the artifact for which you want to change the file.
- Select Edit from the drop-down by the artifact.
- Press Change File from the "Edit Artifact" page.
- Press the 'remove' ( ) icon from the "Change File" dialog.
- Press Change File from within the dialog.
- Press Upload from the "Add a File" dialog.
- Browse to and select the new file.
- Press Add from the "Add a File" dialog.
- Press Save from the "Change File" dialog.
- Press Save and Close (from back in the 'Edit Artifact' page).