Setup instructions for the Ricoh copier in the 4315 suite for Windows computers.
Note: you MUST be on the LAW wireless network OR be connected to VPN for the instructions below to work properly.
Step 1. Download the PPD file from the manufacturer:
The 4315 side of the Remington center has a Ricoh 2555 Copier - you can download the Windows print drivers by clicking HERE.
Step 2. Extract the Drivers
Double click on the "r97160L1a.exe" file and extract the files. NOTE THE EXTRACTION DIRECTORY. (The default extraction directory is C:\temp\r97160L1a)
Step 3. Setup the Printer
- Open your file browser to the extraction directory. (C:\Temp\r97160L1a) and run the setup file: RV_SETUP.exe
- Click on Agree and Go to Next
- Make sure Network is selected and click Next
- The computer will perform a brief scan for the printer - after the scan is done, click "Manually enter the settings" and click the button "Click if you cannot find the device"
- Ensure "Specify device IP address" is selected and click Next.
- Enter the IP address: 10.130.197.41 and click Search
- The search should find a Device Named "MP2555" - click Next
- Set the Printer Name to friendly name- similar to "4315 Printer/Copier"
- Do NOT edit any other information, then click Next
- Once the driver finishes installing, you may be prompted to set up the device software manager - click next and do not check the box to do so, then print a test page and click Finish.
Congrats, you've set up the driver for your Laptop to print to the copier in 4315!