Telephone Activity Reports - Appearance of Names on Your Telephone Activity Report
This document explains how to change how names appear on the Telephone Activity Report (TAR).
Changing Names Associated with Telephone Numbers on TAR
People who are authorized to order changes to phone lines are also authorized to maintain the name associated with those same lines on their TAR report (if desired). Click here for a list of authorized users for voice orders obtained by phone number or funding string. If you are an authorized user for voice orders see below for instructions to change names. Please note that changing the name here only reflects how the name appears on the report not who the line is assigned to. To change ownership of the line for Cisco VoIP account, please see Cisco VoIP Request Forms
- Go to https://voice.services.wisc.edu/webapp/
- Make sure all pop-up blockers are disabled. If unsure how to disable your pop-up blocker, see Web Browsers - Popup Blockers
- Sign in using your UW NetID.
- Select Name Maintenance from the menu on the left of the website.
- Press GET to choose from all lines for which you are authorized or enter a specific 10 digit phone number (digits only ex: 6082621234) and press GET.
- Double click on the specific line.
- The name maintenance window will show the current information for that line.
- Update the name field(s), the Last Name is a required field.
- Click I agree to maintain this record and click Save Record.
- Your change will appear in the next published TAR.
- No information returned after pressing GET means either:
- the number format entered was incorrect.
- Telephone numbers must be a ten digit number with no spaces, dashes or parenthesis. Example: 6082621234.
- UDDS numbers must be 7 digits with no spaces, dashes or parenthesis. Example: A000000.
- Or you are not an authorized user for voice orders on that funding. Click here for a list of authorized users.
- TELINV or New in the Last Name field indicates a line where an authorized user has not assigned a name yet.
- Questions should be directed to TAR@doit.wisc.edu.