WiscChat (Web) - Updating Your vCard Information
WiscChat maintains its own searchable directory of user-submitted vCard information. vCard is a file format standard for electronic business cards.
VCard information can be used to search for other users.
When using the web client, only the following fields can be used to search for other users:
- Full Name (e.g. Buckingham Badger) - located within 'Name' section
- Nickname (e.g. Bucky) - located within 'Name' section
- E-mail (e.g. email@example.com) - located within 'Information' section
- Organization Name (e.g. UW-Madison) - located within 'Organization' section
- Organization Unit (e.g. Athletics) - located within 'Organization' section
* Note: It is highly recommended that you list your White Pages email address.
Important: Any information you enter into your vCard is publicly available. Your vCard has a 65K size limit.
To enter new or update existing vCard information, do the following:
Log into web client and open the main roster window.
Click on your account (located at the top of your roster window) menu selection. The vCard information screen will be displayed:
Enter the information you want made available to others and click on the Save button.