Identity Finder (Mac) - Installing Identity Finder Mac Edition
This document contains the following topics:
This document provides information on the Identity Finder desktop client for Macintosh.
- System Requirements for Identity Finder
- Installing Identity Finder Mac Edition
- Scanning with Identity Finder Mac Edition (with default settings)
- Uninstalling Identity Finder Mac Edition
- Download Identity Finder from the Identity Finder web site: https://www.cio.wisc.edu/security/security-tools-software/identity-finder-software-download/
- Locate the file you downloaded and double-click it to unzip the installer package.
- Launch the install wizard by double-clicking the installer package.
- The Introduction screen displays. Click 'Continue'.
- If your computer has more than one hard disk you will be prompted to choose a Destination. Select your Macintosh HD and click "Continue". If your computer only has one hard disk, you will be taken to the Installation Type screen. Click "Install".
- Type in your administrator name and password when prompted. Click "Install Software".
- A success page is displayed once the installer finishes. Click 'Close'.
- In the Applications folder, double-click Identity Finder. When the application is run for the first time, you will be prompted to enter a Profile Password. This password is used to secure store and/or remove results with the Secure, Quarantine and Scrub. Click "OK" after choosing a password.
- The Search Setup will open. By default, Identity Finder will scan your computer for Social Security Numbers and Credit Card Numbers. Click "Search" to begin searching.
- The Status window will appear over the main window and will show the status of your search.
- When the search completes, you will be taken to the main window where you can choose several remediation options like Shred, Quarantine, or even Ignore.
- Go to your hard disk and open the Applications folder
- Select the Identity Finder icon and delete it.