Learn@UW - Sharing ePortfolio Content
Any element within the ePortfolio can be shared with other Learn@UW users with a defined level of access. This is achieved by using permissions. Presentations can be also shared with the public.
Sharing via permissions
1. Within your ePortfolio, click on the My Items tab.
2. Next to the desired item, click on the to open the drop-down menu, then select .
3. In Sharing Settings:
a) To make your ePortfolio presentation public, click the box next to Anyone with the URL below can access this item. Note: does not apply to items or collections.
b) To make your ePortfolio visible between certain date ranges, select Visible for specified date range under Presentation Visibility.
c) To share with other users of Learn@UW, click Add Users and Groups.
i) Type a netID, email address or name of the person or course to search. The search may take several seconds. The search results can be further limited by clicking the Users and Sharing Groups tabs.
ii) Click on the name of each user you want to share your ePortfolio item with. When all are selected, choose the desired permissions and click Add.
iii) Those users will now appear at the bottom of the Sharing Settings page. Click Done to exit, or Done and Send Invite to notify the user that your portfolio item is being shared.
Sharing Presentations with non-Learn@UW users
Presentations can be shared with the same options as described above, but can also be shared with anyone with internet access.
1. Follow steps 1-2 above, finishing at 3a. Click Done to exit.
1. Follow steps 1-2 above, and then 3c.
2. Click on the link beneath the search results that says Click to Share the Presentation with an External User.
3. Enter the external user's email, and click Add. Each email address will appear under Selected Users. Click Add to exit.
4. All users selected will now appear at the bottom of the Sharing Settings page. Click Done to exit, or Done and Send Invite to notify the users that your portfolio item is being shared. The external user will receive an e-mail and will be prompted to create a password for the share.
Revoking a share
Shares of ePortfolio content can be revoked by unchecking the "Public Access" checkbox (for presentations), or by clicking the "X" next to the internal/external user.
- See comments from others (C): users with this permission can see, but not add comments to, the element
- Add comments (+C): users with this permission can comment on the element
- See assessments from others (A): users with this permission can see grades assessed to the element
- Add assessments (+A): users with this permission can grade the element
- Edit (E): users with this permission can edit or delete the element. Note that external users cannot use the Edit permission.