D2L - ePortfolio Sharing Groups (UW-Madison)
UW-Madison is adopting Canvas as the single, centrally supported learning management system, and discontinuing support for Desire2Learn (D2L) and Moodle. Access to D2L and Moodle will permanently end June 1, 2018. For information about retaining materials from D2L or Moodle, please refer to this document.
Instructors of courses using the ePortfolio can create "Sharing Groups" to make it easier for students to share ePortfolio elements with their peers and instructors. Note there is no way for instructors to see student ePortfolio elements unless the students specifically grant permission.
Creating a Sharing Group
To create a permission profile to easily enable students to share ePortfolio elements with all members of a course:
- Select Sharing Groups under Edit Course
- Click New Sharing Group and give it a name and description
- Click the Add Users button and select the Courses tab.
- Enter the course name in the search box (e.g.: 212), or scroll down view all courses you have access to.
- Click on the name of the course you're working in, and scroll down to select the appropriate permissions for the sharing group (for example, see/add comments). Click Add
- Finish by clicking Save and Close.
Note: it is still up to the student to apply the Sharing Group to the elements they wish to share
Using a Sharing Group
To use a Sharing Group, from 'ePortfolio' under the 'Assignments' menu, click on an item's drop down menu and look for Share (). Click Add Users and Groups and the Sharing Groups tab. Wait a moment for it to load, then look under the 'Sharing Groups' tab. Click the profile name and Add. If you'd like to notify the people you've shared with, click the check box next to it's name on the next screen and click Send Invite.