WiscWeb CMS - Foundation Pages - Working with an Event/Article Page
The Event/Article Page is useful for setting up a single event within a listing of events, or likewise a single article within a listing of articles. You might, for example, have an Event Page for each upcoming event over the next month.
Here is an example of an Event/Article Page:
Note that creating an Event/Article Page depends upon an Event/Article List already being in place. See WiscWeb CMS - Content Blocks - Using an Event/Article List for information on creating an Event/Article List block.
Creating an Event/Article Page
- On a page containing an Event/Article List, click the Open Block red dot associated with the list.
A black bar makes options available for you, allowing you to edit the Event/Article List.
- To add an event or article, click the Add/Sort/Remove Articles red dot.
A new window appears that gives you multiple options.
- Click Create and Connect Page to create a new event or article.
- On the next page, give your event/article its title, which will appear on the site, and click OK in the lower-right corner.
The page is then created, and a link to it shows up in the Event/Article List.
Now that you have created the event or article, you can edit it to populate it with more information as desired.
Editing an Event/Article Page
In the Event/Article List, click on the title of the event/article that you would like to edit.
The CMS takes you to the page associated with that event/article.
- On the event/article page, click the Open Block red dot.
A variety of options for the event/article are made available to you.
In the Block Options bar, you have multiple options available to you, all of which pertain to how this event/article appears on this page (as opposed to the parent Event/Article List's formatting).
Click the red dots to select whether the event/article will do the following on this page:
Show Title: Will show the title of the article as a heading
Show Author: Will show the name of the author of this page
Override Author / Author Name: Allow you to type in the person's name who should show up (otherwise, default's to the original author)
Show Publish Date: Will show the date of this page's publication
Override Publish Date: Allows you to select a specific date to associate with this event/article
Show Event Date / Event Date: Will show the date that you assign it (typically used only if publication date is not being used)
- Click the red dot next to the title of the page to modify it.
- Click the Edit Intro red dot to richly format text that provides an introduction to this page.
When this intro text is populated and the parent Event/Article List has its "Show Intro Text" option set to "yes", then the Event/Article List associated with this page will pull this paragraph of text onto that page as well. This intro text allows a person to quickly scan the items of the list without having to visit each event/article individually.
- Click the Edit Article red dot to richly format the bulk of the page's content.