WiscWeb CMS - Content Blocks - Using an Event/Article List
The Event/Article List block allows a user to create a listing of synopses that pertain either to events contained on the website or to articles on the website. It is not required that all events and articles be associated with such a list as this, but the opposite is true: you will want all of the items associated with this list to be either an event or an article.
Here is an example of an Event/Article List:
Refer to WiscWeb CMS - Content Blocks - General Steps to Implementing Content Blocks in order to insert an instance of an Event/Article List on your page. Then proceed to populate the content as described below.
Using an Event/Article List
Click the Open Block red dot.
A couple of red dots appear, one allowing settings for the list and the other allowing you to connect items to the list.
Click the F red dot to modify the different settings for how the list can appear. A new window appears, giving you the different options:
- Show Author Info: will display each event/article's author's name
- Show Publish Date: will insert the date of each block's publication
- Show Event Date: will insert the event date of each block
- Show Intro Text: will insert the text typed for the "Intro Text" red dot within each event/article
- Show List Title: will insert the block's title as a heading on the page
For information on how to create and/or modify an event/article, see WiscWeb CMS - Foundation Pages - Working with an Event/Article Page.
See also Re-ordering items in an Internal Pages List to be able to sort based on publication date (using the "stf_userSetDate" or "info_pubDate" elements) or event date (using the "stf_eventDate" element).