Interactive Reporting - Installing Studio
Interactive Reporting Studio is a standalone client that is provided by the Interactive Reporting service.
Is Studio Right for Me?
Most users can accommodate their needs using the Interactive Reporting HTML or web plug-in clients. For an overview of the available clients, please see Interactive Reporting - Overview of Clients.
You must verify your system meets these Requirements before installing Interactive Reporting Studio:
- 32-bit Oracle Client is installed on your machine. The Interactive Reporting team does not support this software. Please see your local IT administrator for assistance. The client must be 32-bit to work properly with Studio. The 32-bit client can be installed on a 64-bit system.
- Your machine is on the campus network, or has an active VPN connection.
- Your machine, database server, and network firewalls have appropriate exceptions to allow your desktop to connect to the database(s) you wish to access.
- Your machine meets the system requirements as described here: Interactive Reporting - System and Browser Requirements
Obtaining a License
You must obtain a license before using Interactive Reporting Studio. To obtain a license, please see Interactive Reporting - Obtaining a License
Obtaining the Software
After obtaining the license, you can download the product from the Campus Software Library.
Disabling UAC (User Account Control) in Windows 7
UAC must be disabled in order for the software to be installed. The installer will quit if it determines that UAC is enabled. To disable UAC, please contact your local IT support.
It is highly recommend that you contact your local IT support before doing this step, and to revert to the original setting after the installation is completed. UAC is an important component to protecting your computer.
Estimated Installation Time: 10-30 minutes
- Once you have downloaded the Studio Client software, unzip the resulting Oracle_IRS_v188.8.131.52.zip file.
- In the unzipped Oracle_IRS_v184.108.40.206 folder, right-click on BEGIN INSTALLATION.cmd and select Run as Administrator.
- A black command prompt window will appear with some text scrolling, checking for the required files for installation. After a few moments, a dialog box asking you to select a language may appear. Choose your preferred language and click OK. Note: If you haven't disabled UAC, an error will be displayed in the command prompt window and the installer will not start.
- The Welcome Screen will appear. This screen includes System Installer prerequisites. You can ignore any warnings regarding your hostname, but do verify you are running a supported operating system. Click Next to continue
- The installer will ask you for the destination location to install Interactive Reporting (Hyperion Home). The default is C:\Hyperion, but you can change this to any desired location. These instructions assume the default. Click Next to continue.
- In the Installation Type screen, select New installation -> Choose components by tier. This should be the default value. (If IR Studio is already installed on your system, you may choose Apply Maintenance Update.) Click Next to continue.
- In the Product Selection screen, uncheck Web Appl and Services in the top row. The only column that should be selected is Client. Some products will be grayed out, as they are not available in this installation disc. Only Smart View Client and Interactive Reporting should be checked under the Client column and the Workspace box under Services. Click Next to continue.
- In the Confirmation screen, your selected components will be shown. Click Next to be begin the installation process.
- The installation will take 10-30 minutes. Once the installation has finished, click Finish.
- You can access Interactive Reporting Studio at this location: All Programs -> Oracle EPM System -> Reporting and Analysis -> Interactive Reporting -> Studio. At this point you can elect to 'Pin to Taskbar' so you will not need to use this path to access the Studio in the future.
If you have any questions please call the DoIT Help Desk at (608) 264-4357 and select option 2.