Interactive Reporting - Logging into Workspace
The Interactive Reporting Workspace is an online, web-based repository of Interactive Reporting queries. It allows for secure access to shared queries, and facilitates an easy, in-browser method to run queries. Madison Interactive Reporting users can log in using their NetID credentials.
Obtaining a Workspace License
Before you can log into the Workspace, you must request a license to use it. Please see: Interactive Reporting - Obtaining a License
System and Browser Requirements
Please review Interactive Reporting - System and Browser Requirements to verify you are using a supported platform and browser before attempting to log in.
If you are using Internet Explorer, add the domain wisconsin.edu as a Trusted Site. Interactive Reporting - Adding Workspace to Trusted Sites
Verify pop-up blocking is turned off, or the wisconsin.edu domain is exempt from pop-up blocking. Popup Blocker - FAQ
- Navigate your web browser to https://bi2.fastar.wisconsin.edu/workspace/index.jsp.
- You will be presented with the UW System Authentication Redirector. Choose University of Wisconsin - Madison. If you want your browser to remember this selection in the future, check Remember Me. Click Select to continue.
Non-Madison Users: If you are from another UW campus, select your specific campus. The rest of this document pertains to Madison users only. If you need assistance, please see Interactive Reporting - Campus Support Contact Information.
Bookmark Warning: Do not bookmark this page! If you want to bookmark the Workspace, be sure to use the URL listed above.
- If you haven't logged into another web service with your NetID yet (WiscMail, MyUW, etc.), you will be asked for your NetID credentials. Enter them and click Login. For more information on NetIDs, see NetID - What is a NetID?.
- You will now be directed to the Workspace. Your web browser will display a page that says Oracle Enterprise Performance Management System, then open a new window containing the actual Workspace.
The Workspace Didn't Load...
If the workspace didn't load, try the following:
- Verify you are using a supported platform and browser: Interactive Reporting - System and Browser Requirements
- Add wisconsin.edu as a Trusted Site, if you are using Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer - Trusting a Web Site
- Turn off any pop-up blockers: Popup Blocker - FAQ
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies. Clearing Browser Cache and Cookies
- Try clicking the Launch Application... button on the Oracle Enterprise Performance Management System screen.