UW-Madison Google Apps - Sharing UW-Madison Google Sites
This article explains the ways you can find and share sites with other UW-Madison Google Apps users.
Sharing UW-Madison Google Sites
Log in to UW-Madison Google Apps with your NetID and password using the following URL:
If you have multiple UW-Madison Google Apps accounts, select your desired account from the list provided.
If you only have one UW-Madison Google Apps account, you will be logged into your account automatically.
Open your Google Site
- Click Share in the upper right-hand corner
- On the Sharing settings menu, you will see a list of everyone who currently has access to your site. At the top of this list is your visibility level. Click the Change... link next to your visibility level to view all potential options.
- Select your desired view option from the list provided.
If you select UW-Madison Google Apps or People at UW-Madison Google Apps with the link, you will be able to select an additional level of access for that group:
- Can view
- Can edit
Once you are happy with your visibility options, click Save.
- Next, you can add permissions for individuals. Below the list of people who currently have access to your file, you will see a text box labeled Add people
As you begin typing the name or email address of the contact you would like to share with, the list below will auto populate with any UW-Madison Google Apps account matching your criteria.
*Only UW-Madison Google Apps accounts will be returned in the search results.
**If a user has privacy flagged any of their user information under FERPA their personal information will be omitted from UW-Madison Google Apps contact list.
- After you select the person you want to share with, you will need to choose the level of access to give them. From the drop down menu, select Can edit, Can comment, or Can view.
- Hit the Send button to share your site and send out any notifications you have selected
- Review the settings you have selected to make sure they are correct.
If the site permissions are as desired, click the Done button.