Quick Install Handling Information
DoIT Repair will install RAM and drives (hard drive or solid state drive), while the customer waits, in certain models of computers. Hard drive quick installs do NOT include an Operating System (OS); the customer must reinstall their OS on their own. We will only Quick Install items which are purchased from the TechStore.
What is a Quick Install?
- Install new RAM into a computer
- Install new Hard Drive or Solid State Drive into a computer
- Remove Hard Drive or Solid State Drive from computer, and install into external enclosure
- Disconnect/reconnect battery
- Remove obstruction from headphone jack (be aware that this may result in damage to headphone jack port)
- Replace missing screws on bottom of computer (for Windows computers we may only have compatible, but not original screws)
- Replace missing feet on bottom of computer (non-retina MacBook Pro only)
- Replace missing or damaged keycap on Apple portable computer
Does this computer qualify?
Quick Install Item Numbers and Prices
|Quick installs for new computers purchased from the DoIT Tech Store||50217||$0|
|Missing screws (up to 3, any more is $15)||75015||$5|
|RAM, keycap replacements (up to 3), battery disconnect/reconnect, MacBook Pro feet, removing items from headphone jacks/ports||46522||$20|