Identity Finder (Win) - Performing a Scan
This document describes the steps to perform a scan with Identity Finder for Windows. All documentation was performed with Identity Finder version 220.127.116.11.
All data shown is false.
- Open Identity Finder .
- Enter the Identity Finder password then click OK, or click Skip.
- In this screen you can choose to start a scan or continue a previous scan.
- To start the scan, click the Start Search Now button . Identity Finder searches your Documents folder for Credit Card Numbers and Social Security Numbers by default.
- While the scan runs the following status message is displayed.
- When Identity Finder completes the scan the window will display a summary of the results.
- In the Finder Search Summary window, the options to choose are Wizard , Advanced , Save As , and Reminder button.
- Choose the Save As button .
- A dialog box will open where you can specify the name and location to save the file. Any location you prefer is acceptable.
If you have specified a profile password, ensure the "Use Identity Finder Profile Password" box is checked. This provides additional security.
- The Finder Search Summary window will open again.
- Now choose the Advanced button . This will open the Advanced view to handle all instances the scan found.
- See the article Identity Finder (Win) - Taking Action on the Scan Results for explanation of the options Identity Finder has for handling results.
Note: Be sure to delete outdated scan results from your computer.