Identity Finder (Mac) - Performing a Scan
This article describes how to perform a scan with Identity Finder for Mac. All documentation was performed with Identity Finder version 22.214.171.124.
All data shown is false.
- Launch Identity Finder from the Applications folder .
- The main Identity Finder window will open. From here click the Start button located in the upper left hand corner.
- Identity Finder will scan your computer for sensitive information. By default, Identity Finder will look for Credit Card Numbers and Social Security Numbers in your Documents folder. An Identity Finder Status window will be displayed, detailing what the scan is doing.
- Click OK when the Search Complete windows appears.
- The results will be displayed in Identity Finder.
- Choose Save from the File menu.
- A Save window will open. Specify a file name and location for the results. Any location is acceptable. Identity Finder also requires that results are protected with a password.
- Click Save when all information has been entered. Identity Finder will return to the Results window.
- See the article Identity Finder (Mac) - Taking Action on the Scan Results for explanation of the options Identity Finder has for handling results.
Note: Be sure to delete outdated scan results from your computer.