This document explains Applecare warranties. DoIT Repair is an Apple authorized repair shop and can service Apple machines under warranty.
How to Tell if Your Computer is Still Under Warranty
To check your Apple computer 's warranty status, enter your serial number at:
If you do not know what your serial number is and you don't where to find it you can use: Finding the Serial Number on Your Apple Computer to get it.
General Warranty Information & AppleCare
Every Mac and Apple display comes with a one-year limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary telephone technical support. Extend your coverage to three years from your hardware product's original purchase date with the AppleCare Protection Plan. You get direct, one-stop access to Apple's award-winning telephone technical support for questions about Apple hardware, Mac OS X, and Apple applications such as iLife and iWork. And you get global repair coverage for your Mac and Apple display through convenient service options.
- Direct access to Apple experts
- Global repair coverage
- Onsite repair for desktop computers: Request that a technician come to your work site
- Carry-in repair: Take your Mac or Apple display to an Apple Retail Store or other Apple Authorized Service Provider
Please note that AppleCare Protection Plans do not cover accidental damage, such as water damage or damage taken from falling/being dropped, for their respective products. DoIT Repair may need to consult with Apple to determine coverage for repairs or services of products that appear to have been accidentally damaged.
What's Covered: Mac Computer (Laptops and Desktops)
- Included accessories such as the power adapter
- Apple memory (RAM)
- AirPort Express Base Station, AirPort Extreme Base Station, or Time Capsule
- Apple USB SuperDrive (for MacBook Pro with Retina display, MacBook Air, iMac, and Mac mini only)
- Apple display purchased with your Mac
- Using the Mac OS X operating system
- Quick how-to questions about iLife and iWork
- Connecting to printers and AirPort networks
What's Covered: Standalone External Apple Display
- Your Apple display
- Built-in camera, microphone, and speakers
- Included power cord
- Connecting to your Mac
- Using audio
- Video chatting