UW Digital ID (Mac) - Exporting a Digital Certificate from Keychain
This document explains how to export your digital certificate from the Keychain Access application on your Mac. This may be necessary if upon downloading the certificate for the first time or upon renewal, your e-mail client is unable to locate the certificate. This happens most often with the Thunderbird e-mail client.
Exporting a Digital Certificate from Keychain:
- Open the Applications folder and choose Utilities -> Keychain Access.
- On the left side of the screen, select login as the Keychain and select My Certificates as the Category.
- Highlight the certificate to export and open File -> Export Items.
- Choose an appropriate file name (mycert.p12) and directory, then press the Save button.
- Set an appropriate password for the digital certificate and finally press the OK button.