UW Digital ID (Mac) - Exporting a Digital Certificate from Thunderbird
This document explains how to export your digital certificate from the Thunderbird email client on your Mac. This may be necessary if upon downloading the certificate for the first time or upon renewal, your e-mail client is unable to locate the certificate. This happens most often with the Thunderbird e-mail client.
Exporting a Digital Certificate from Thunderbird:
- Open Thunderbird. Click on Tools -> Account Settings.
- Click on Security>View Certificates under the relevant email account.
- Go to the Your Certificates tab and click the Backup... button.
- Click Backup... and choose an appropriate filename (mycert.p12) and directory, and then press the Save button.
- Set an appropriate password for the digital certificate and finally press the OK button.