WiscChat (Psi) - Bookmarking and Auto-joining
Psi allows you to bookmark a chat room to make it more easily accessible. This also gives you the ability to set a different default nickname for different chat rooms.
Adding a bookmark
- Right-click on your account name at the top of your chat roster.
- Select Bookmarks and then Manage...
- Click the Add button and enter the name for your bookmark.
- For the the remaining fields, see below:
- Host: conference.wisc.edu
- Room: Enter the name of any existing room
- Nickname: The name that will be visible to others within the room
- Password: Enter the password that corresponds to your JabberID
- If you check box next to Auto-join, this chat room will automatically be opened every time you login to Psi.
- Hit OK and your bookmark is ready to use!
Accessing a bookmark
- To access a previously bookmarked chat room, right-click on your account name at the top of your chat roster.
- Mouse over Bookmarks and you should see your bookmark listed!