WiscList Custom (WIN) - Uploading a Dataset via PSFTP
This document describes the procedure for uploading a dataset to WiscList Custom using the PSFTP application.
Prior to uploading a dataset, you must first:
- Generate a public and private key pair and submit the public key as well as the name of your dataset via the WiscList Custom interface. See the following doc for more information: 14850
- Receive notification that your key has been authorized and WiscList Custom is ready to receive your dataset.
- Generate a dataset for use with WiscList Custom. See: WiscList Custom - Dataset Format Instructions
- Place your private key, your dataset, and both the Putty and PSFTP executables in the same directory.
- Start Putty and enter email@example.com in the Host Name field.
- From the left hand menu, choose Connection > SSH > Auth.
- Click Browse and select your private key file. This file has the .ppk file extension.
- From the left hand menu, choose Session and type an appropriate name in the Saved Sessions field, then click Save.
- The session name should now be listed in the box below the Saved Sessions field.
- Now that your session is stored, open PSFTP and type: open [your saved session name], then press Enter.
You should see a screen similar to the following:
- Upload your dataset by typing: put [your dataset name] and press Enter.
- Finally, type bye and press Enter to end your session.
Your dataset has now been uploaded. WiscList Custom processes datasets once per day and will send you an email notification when your list is ready for use.