Learn@UW - Building course structure through Course Builder
Course Builder enables you to interact with your course materials, learning experiences and assessments in one consolidated interface so you can visualize and review your entire course at once.
This tool is located under the Course Admin drop down menu, from the Manage Content view, or under Edit Course.
The Course Builder can be used for planning a course Content outline
Video overview of the Course Builder
Build your course structure by adding modules and placeholders to the canvas. Modules and placeholders are valuable during the initial stages of course planning, helping you plan your course before you create its content. You can add notes to module and placeholder descriptions about course content you intend to develop and learning objectives you want your students to achieve. You can also choose to add real content as you build your course by creating and adding objects to the canvas.Add a module or placeholder
- Drag a module or placeholder onto the canvas in the location you want.
- Click on a module or placeholder element. From the Select a location pop-up window, click on the location you want to add your module or placeholder.
2. In the Selected Node Panel, click Edit Module or Edit Placeholder.
3. From the pop-up window, make the changes you want to its Name or Notes.
4. Click Save.
You can copy modules and placeholders to another section in your course where you want similar
structure. When you copy a module, its child modules and placeholders are also copied.
2. In the module or placeholder's context menu, click Copy Structure or Copy Placeholder.
3. In the context menu of the node or closest node to the location you want to insert your
placeholder or structure, click Paste After, Paste Before, or Paste As Child.
- Click the Edit Course link on your course navigation bar, then click Import/Export/Copy Components.
- In the Course Administration widget on your course homepage, click Import/Export/Copy Components.
3. Select the org unit you want to copy components from:
- Choose Existing Offering to copy components from another course offering you are enrolled in. You can select an offering from the list or click Search for offering to find the course offering using a pop-up search window.
- Choose Parent Template of Current Offering to copy components from the course template the current course offering belongs to.
5. Confirm your choices and click Next to begin copying.