WiscWeb CMS - Inserting a Link To An External Web Page
This document will explain how to insert a link to an existing external web page.
- While editing text within the Text Editor of a Text Area content block, highlight the text that you want to make a link for the external web page, and click the Insert or Edit Link button in the top menu bar.
- By default, the Page tab will be active. To create a link to an external web page, click the Internet tab at the top.
- In the URL: field, enter the address of the site that you are linking to. For example, www.wisc.edu to link to UW-Madison's homepage.
- The Jump mark: field specifies that this URL will jump to a specific anchored point in the web page being linked to.
- The Tooltip field allows you to enter text that you'd like to appear when the mouse cursor hovers on the link. For example, enter UW-Madison's Homepage.
- The Target field allows you to specify where to open the linked document. The recommended setting is the default (none). The following article details why using the _blank target is no longer considered a necessary practice: http://webaim.org/techniques/hypertext/hypertext_links#new_window
- Once you have entered the information, click OK to return to the Text Editor.
- This is what your text will look like in the Text Editor.