Student Center - Dropping a class
This document explains how to drop a class in the Student Center.
To DROP a class:
- Go to the COURSE ENROLLMENT link.
- Select the appropriate term.
- Locate the class/es you wish to drop and click the corresponding checkbox in the SELECT column on the left.
- Verify you have selected the class you wish to drop and then click on the green button DROP SELECTED CLASSES.
Click on the DROP tab
Some cautions related to dropping all classes
You will only be able to drop all of your remaining classes under the following situations. If you do not meet any of these situations, you will need to submit a withdrawal request on the TERM WITHDRAWAL tab or Term Withdrawal link
- If you are attempting to drop all courses for a future term
- If you are attempting to drop all courses for the current term before your earliest session begin date
- If you are attempting to drop all courses for the current term and at least one of your classes has been graded.
To Change Sections within a course: Use the SWAP tab or Swap link. Do not drop and re-add the course.
To Change Variable Units/Credits: Use the EDIT tab or Edit link. Do not drop and re-add the course.
To Withdraw from the Term (Drop all Classes): Use the TERM WITHDRAWAL tab or Term Withdrawal link.
The Office of the Registrar
333 East Campus Mall #10301, Madison, WI 53715-1384;