This document explains the way Enrollment Appointments (time to start enrolling for next term) are assigned for students.
OverviewThe Priority Enrollment period is when students can first enroll for a future term(s). Priority Enrollment begins in the 11th week of the fall and spring terms and lasts approximately four weeks.
Currently enrolled students who are continuing for the next term are eligible to enroll during the Priority Enrollment period. Re-entry students who have been admitted through the Admissions process are also eligible to enroll during the Priority Enrollment period.
A few notes to consider regarding the enrollment schedule:
- New population releases begin mid to late morning.
- Daily release times begin between 5:30 AM and 7 AM, and end between 9:30 PM and 10:00 PM Central Standard Time.
- No releases on a holiday (Thanksgiving or Friday following; Easter Sunday).
How are the Appointment Times determined?
Undergraduate StudentsCredits earned are used to determine a student's Projected Level for the next term (Senior, Junior, etc). Within a given level, those students with the greatest number of credits earned receive the earliest appointment times. For those in a given level who have the same combined total of credits earned, appointments are assigned in random order.
Undergraduate Level Rules
- 86 credits = Senior Standing
- 54 credits = Junior Standing
- 24 credits = Sophomore Standing
- 23 credits or less = Freshmen Standing
- Most University Special students receive appointment times that are after freshmen and SOAR (with some exceptions, see The Office of the Registrar's website for more information.)
- University Guest students are able to enroll on the first day of classes.
Graduate and Professional Students
- There is no priority enrollment in the Graduate and Professional careers, and all students will be able assigned the same enrollment appointment.