D2L - How to Set or Reset Non-NetID Password (UW-Madison)
Visitor account users of D2L can set/reset their passwords directly from the Learn@UW login page.
Users of D2L without official UW-Madison NetIDs are given what are called "visitor" accounts.
If you're a visitor account user, some reasons you may need to do this include:
- You're a new user of D2L and do not yet have a password
- You've forgotten your D2L password and need to reset it
- You feel there's a security-related reason to change your D2L password
To set or reset your D2L visitor password:
1. Go to the D2L login page at https://learnuw.wisc.edu/.
2. Click the "Visitor Login" button.
3. Click the "I forgot my D2L Visitor password" link.
4. A screen will open asking for your username; enter it and click the Submit button. An email notification containing a password reset link will be sent to the email address associated with your D2 username.