KB User's Guide - Training - Basic Administrator Training
New KB Admins can use this document as a point of departure to begin building their KB sites.
Welcome Brand New KB Admin
- Roles and Responsibilities of your KB
- What New KB Admins should consider
- KB Site Functionality
- Strategies to enter a long document into your KB
Your Users (e.g. KB Site Authors and fellow Admins)
- Adding users into the Users tab.
- Restrict document access to a subset of users.
- Restrict a user's publish rights to a specific topic.
Your KB site's look and feel
Apply your finalized topic tree to the KB
- Create your topic tree
- Set user expectation of each topic by creating a search results topic description.
Determine the Workflow of your documents
- Document Workflow
- Training those who do not have publish rights to Request Activation of a document
- Transfer document to another owner