BN - Current Benefit Summary
The Benefits Summary page allows Benefit Administrators a snapshot view of the benefits an employee is enrolled in as of today's date. This information can be useful not only for counseling employees, but can also be used (via dual screens or printed) to ensure all benefits remain in place as expected when reprocessing Events.
- The Benefit Summary will provide you with a summary of an employee's current benefit selections only. It will not provide you with information about past or future elections.
PROCEDURE STEPS: BENEFITS ADMINISTRATOR VIEW
On the left menu, navigate as follows:
1. Path: Benefits > Review Employee Benefits > Current Benefits Summary
A. In the Empl ID field, enter the employee's unique 8-digit employee ID, if known. (e.g. 99999999) This is the best practice since more than one employee may exist with similar names.
B. Or in the Name field, enter all or part of the employee's first and last name, if known. (e.g. ABRAHAM LINCOLN)
C. Click Search to display results for your search criteria.
3. If you searched on the employee's name in Step 4, you may see a Search Results area with a list of similar employee names.
Otherwise the Benefit Enrollment Summary page displays. (Skip to Step 6).4. The Benefit Enrollment Summary page displays for the employee. Note: All information displayed in the page is coverage as of today. If you are interested in viewing historical or future enrollments, please use the links in the Related KB Documents below.
A. In the Search Results area, you can click on any column heading (e.g. Last Name) to sort in ascending or descending order.
B. Locate the desired Health Benefits record you wish to review, and click on it to select.
A. A list of Plan Types are available in the following KB document: BN - Using Health Insurance Coverage Codes and Relationships
B. There are three possible statuses for enrollments: E = Elect, W = Waive, and T = Terminated
C. A list of Benefit Plans are available in the following KB: BN - Using Health Insurance Coverage Codes and Relationships
D. Coverage or Participation will display the coverage as of the Coverage Begin Date. Please keep in mind that State Group Life Insurance coverage may increase over the years but the new coverage levels will not display on this page. You will need to view the most up to date coverage at BN - Annual Benefits Base Rate (ABBR) .
E. Coverage Begin Date = The effective date of coverage
A. A list of Ded Code or Deduction Codes is available in BN - Plan Types, Benefit Plans, and Payroll Deductions Job Aid.
B. Class is the Deduction Class which indicates the tax status and employee-pay or employer-share deductions:
C. Coverage Base is coverage as of the last paycheck deduction.
- B = Before Tax (employee paid)
- A = After Tax (employee paid)
- N = Nontaxable (employer paid)
- T = Taxable (employer paid)
- BN - Review Benefit Enrollments
- BN - Using Health Insurance Coverage Codes and Relationships
- BN - Annual Benefits Base Rate (ABBR)
- BN - Plan Types, Benefit Plans, and Payroll Deductions Job Aid